White pineapples on a rich green background
UPF stands for "Ultraviolet Protection Factor," and it is a rating system used to measure the effectiveness of sun protective fabrics in blocking ultraviolet (UV) radiation. UPF 50+ is the highest rating available, indicating excellent protection against the sun's harmful rays. Here's how UPF 50+ works:
- UV Radiation: The sun emits different types of UV radiation, including UVA and UVB rays. Both can cause damage to the skin and are associated with various health risks such as sunburn, premature aging and skin cancer.
- Fabric Construction: Fabrics with a UPF rating are specially designed to block UV radiation. The construction of the fabric plays a significant role in determining its level of protection. UPF fabrics are tightly woven or knit to create a dense barrier, minimizing the passage of UV rays through the material. Our fabrics achieve the UPF factor through the tight weave of the fabric, not through the application of chemicals.
- Testing and Rating: To determine the UPF rating of a fabric, it undergoes standardized testing according to international standards. The fabric is exposed to a UV source and the amount of UV radiation transmitted through the material is measured. The UPF rating indicates the fraction of UV radiation that can pass through the fabric. We regularly test our fabric to ensure we uphold a consistently high UPF factor.
By wearing clothing with a UPF 50+ rating, exposure to harmful UV radiation can be significantly reduced. It's important to remember that UPF-rated clothing should be used in combination with other sun protection measures, such as sunscreen on exposed areas, sunhats, sunglasses and seeking shade, for comprehensive protection against the sun's rays.
- Orders are usually prepared within 48 hours. Anticipate longer during sales and launches
- Returns / exchanges accepted on regular-priced, unworn items within 45 days of purchase
- Tags and hygienic labels must still be on
- Customer pays for return/exchange shipping fees
For more information on our policy check out our FAQ page